Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Abilities of a Woman begin where the Man's ends


There are 3 men who decide to devote the rest of their life selflessly doing things for others and to be able to attain that divine gift they start praying. A Genie appears and grants each one of them 1 wish.

The 1st Man says, " Double my ability to do things for others . The Genie says "GRANTED ".

The second Man, not to be outdone, asks for his ability to be tripled. The Genie says " GRANTED ".

The Third man also wants to outshine his mates and asks for INFINITE ABILITY to do things for others. The Genie says I CANNOT GRANT YOU THAT WISH! The Man pleads, begs and grovels at the Gennie's feet and asks WHY? The Genie replies " IF I GRANT YOU THAT ABILITY, YOU WILL HAVE TO BECOME A WOMAN! "

Roughly about 50% of our Planet's population goes thru their entire life being just that. GIVERS. Be it as a Daughter, A Sister, A Wife, A Mother, A Friend, A Confidant, A Breadwinner and the Glue that keeps the family together. Need I say more?

Cooking is one form of continuously creating what others like, no matter whether the person cooking likes or not. But the person for whom food is made always likes it.
Ever wondered How? Why?

As I became aware of today. Being a Tuesday I was vegetarian but I made Fish in Soy/Ginger/Honey sauce, With Cous Cous and Rocket Salad with Walnut and Raisins for my Baby, who is 14 and we are currently fighting for the position of the tallest person in the house. You can guess how much of a baby he is.

And I wondered how many Mother's, how many times in their Lives, must have done this for us without tom tomming about it as I am doing.

The Man never gets out of the cradle, even the rope doesn't change. What changes is the hand that rocks the Cradle. Aren't we Men fortunate! I am learning to look at the Cradle I am in, making sure the rope is there and more importantly thanking God for blessing me with the hand that holds the rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment