Saturday, March 27, 2010

Most powerful is he who has himself in his own Power



And that remains my ultimate dream. No matter how much of humanity you want to control and rule over, unless one is able to conquer the SELF, one isn't a RULER.

Empires have been lost by yielding to temptation and the area where one breaks the rules the most and loses the opportunity to conquer the SELF is Food!

Mind is the Lover, Stomach is the Organ du Sex and Food (aaahhhh Food) is the eternal beautiful Virgin that struts around you tempting you to blast all the walls of Self Control to smithereens.

I generally try and avoid Culinary temptations unless I can't resist them and every time that happens it pushes my goal of conquering the SELF that much further. Not withstanding all the Meditation, Reading and Thinking one does on the subject of CONTROL.

After being away in breathtakingly beautiful South Africa during the week and not having had a chance to go anywhere near the Kitchen I banished myself to the Kitchen on my return and cooked up Less sinful Butter Chicken, Rice cooked in Chicken stock with Cardamom and Cloves for flavor, Onion Raita and Cabbage leaves for myself to substitute for Rotis.

And I think I didn't break the promise made to myself of not falling for the temptation of food, though I immensely enjoyed cooking.

Promises are like Cloud and its fulfilment is like Rain. I have more clouds to show for than I have Rain. But I am tying and one day I will bepowerful by having myself in my own Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment