Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Clock Chicken Stew



In keeping with my resolve of yesterday to name a dish as per what it looks, means and feels rather than its Mundane standard name, here is my latest endeavour.

This was actually quiet easy and fast to make. Chopped a few onions and gently sauteed with Brown Sugar to caramelize and bring out the sweetness in the White Onion.

Added Chicken Drumsticks which were earlier marinaded in Teriyaki sauce and Sesame and threw in some Potatoes for starch. Allowed this to saute some more by putting a cover on the pan as that releases the juices in the Chicken as well as makes the drumstick crisp in texture.

Added a bit of Soy and Mushroom sauce and a wee bit of Chicken Broth and let it cook for about 15 mins on slow fire as this process really collects the flavors and core taste from each ingredient and amalgamates into a uniquely tasteful thick broth which goes well with Potatoes or Rice or even Crisp bread.

And then as I was wondering how to present this dish, I did some experimenting and thus Clock Chicken Stew was born.

I reckon this process of choosing the ingredients, improvising while cooking and presenting the dish like it is did allow me to recharge my batteries which keeps my INNER CLOCK ticking.

Like the rest of humanity I am also governed by the rules and effects of the OUTER CLOCK and I have no control on the passage of time and its effects, whether good or bad.

But in my INNER CLOCK I am the time keeper and I have to determine the rate, pace and quality of Living. I cannot afford to have the inner clock run out before the outer clock does as it would make me a lifeless object going through just the formality of existing till the outer clock runs out.

I choose to LIVE and and that's why, Cooking is not just a process of putting a recipe together for me, it is also the power which loads the spring mechanism of my Inner Clock and keeps me going.

How do YOU recharge the batteries of your inner clock? While you figure that out.. BON APPETITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment