Friday, April 30, 2010

If it were not for the LAST MINUTE, I would't get anything done!!!



To think for too long about doing a thing becomes its undoing BUT the sooner we fall behind, the more time we have to catch up.

It's the REALIZATION that one is FALLING BEHIND which by itself (in most cases) works as the Starting Switch to stir us into taking suitable action.

I am the king of Procrastination. But only when it comes to doing things for Myself. I love it, but it does exasperate others. I still prefer to wait. Correction...... ' Procrastinate ' . This word possesses the innate competence to make Indecisiveness sound like a Virtue.

They say 'Things will definitely come to you if you wait, but you run the risk of inheriting the leftovers from those who have taken the effort to hustle ". I for one don't buy this or feel threatened enough to launch myself into knee jerk action mode. By Hustling you may get the best seat on the Plane but it may be the flight one shouldn't have taken.

Hustlers don't preserve themselves and very rarely last for the long term. No point in living life like a Shooting Star for that fleeting moment of glory.

Somewhere between HUSTLING and PROCRASTINATING lies the realm of THINKING THROUGH which usually gets smudged between our misplaced promptitude to do things or the laziness to adjourn tasks on hand. It does pay to read the small print, because in real life the Large print gives but the Fine print takes away.

When I have to do things for others, I tend to accomplish the tasks well within prescribed deadlines, which in official matters usually fall due on a Friday. I have also over the years and after futile attempts of chasing a mirage realized that it was only Robinson Crusoe who could get everything done by Friday. The mountain of work with Deadline as its Summit continues to be a tough climb for me.

But now its time for me to let go the lapel of Lord Procrastination and head to the Supermarket only than can I meet my most important daily deadlines which I look forward to. That of making BREAKFAST, LUNCH and DINNER!

1 comment:

  1. Applauds..way to go...u just spoke my mind..and guess what..the cliche that goes as..kal karey so aaj kar...is almost always reversed in my case..aaj karey so kal kar, kal karey so parson...jaldi hai kis baat ki pyaarey jab jeena hai barson..pssttt...don't tell this anyone esp.the kids around..I just don't want to be set a bad example for them...lol
    As usual great fiddling with words..need to take a lesson or two from you, when it comes to writing :-)

    ReplyDelete