Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finally my Doctor had to tell me to stop having Meals for Four. Unless there are Three other people!



There are certain very special Cuisines and Dishes one just cannot stop gorging on. Satisfaction just doesn't come until one has OVER eaten.

I don't remember being JUST HAPPY when an unexpected holiday was announced in School. I used to be MORE THAN HAPPY.

I don't remember being JUST JOYOUS on meeting my loved ones. I am OVER JOYED.

I don't feel JUST CALM after Meditation. I feel COMPLETELY ECSTATIC.

I don't feel JUST FIT after I exercise, I feel SUPER FIT.

I don't feel JUST LUCKY when I get an opportunity to Cook. I feel BLESSED.

Unless one adds an Adjective to what one is doing it makes the act just Mundane. And that adjective is PASSION. Passion is the wind that fills our Sails and propels us even after everything else has failed.

I am also FIERCELY Patriotic, but what is Patriotism if not the love for food one ate as one was growing up?

I grew up eating a very typically Sindhi Dish called Dal Pakwan which ranks right up there in the food chain and is to be savored with Fried Chili, Mint/Coriander Chutney and Imli Chutney mixed With Sliced Onions.

Boil the Chana Dal to Thick Consistency and the Dal is Ready (add Salt to taste). Make Maida Rotis and fry them till nicely light brown and Crisp and serve with the Chutneys. Garnish the Dal with a very light sprinkling of Dhaniya/Jeera Powder and Chat Masala and you are ready to go.

Sindhi Food, I can confidently say is the LEAST DISCOVERED Cuisines in the world but what it boasts of is nothing short of a very enlightening and tasteful Culinary Discovery. I am seriously going to experiment with more Sindhi Food.

And to hell with what the Doctor says, I am going to Cook for Four whether the other 3 turn up or not. If it is Sindhi Food, I can finish it alone! Do everything like the Sindhi's do. KINGSIZE! I am sure at least 3 of my Sindhi Friends will turn up:)

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes ofcourse..don't know about other Sindhis, but I did turned up..lol
    Truly..Dalpakwan is a royal breakfast...fit for kings(and queens too..hey why the gender discrimination in food too?)
    On serious note...I am glad to be here, would love to read more and more about your thoughts and learn a thing or so, about rightfully playing with words like you...
    Good luck..Keep up the good work..will be back again to explore more

    ReplyDelete